IBM SA Graduate Program
As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation.
Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world’s technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge.
Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
What You Will Do
IBM South Africa is looking for new graduates interested in acquiring fundamental knowledge and skills. After selection, as a new graduate you will learn on the world-shaping technologies innovative solutions which are at the heart of every business.
The most successful people at IBM share a distinct set of characteristics. These begin with energy and creativity, along with a clear focus on delivering exceptional customer service.
Welcome to the Cognitive Era - Every so often, we witness a transformation that truly changes the world. Cognitive Computing is ushering in that change by out-thinking some of the world’s most complex problems in energy and utilities, retail, insurance and more.
Join IBM’s Watson group and become part of a team of thinkers and doers who help cities become smarter and businesses transform how they serve their customers. There is no better place to launch or further your career. You will be a member of the most diverse team you can think of, which is sometimes spread over the globe.
- As a member of our team the successful candidate will get to work hands-on on the greatest and latest of IoT, Machine Learning, Robotics, Augmented Intelligence and Big Data technologies and more to address challenging business problems across industries. Discover what you can do at IBM, Virtualisation, Storage, Infrastructure, Data Centre Operations, Cloud and Project Management.
- You will be able to take over responsibility consulting clients to improve their value chain and to prepare them for future challenges, by improving their processes and applications.
- You will grant client success along the entire application life cycle, starting defining the requirements, designing, implementing, testing and deploying the solution.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Technical Bachelor’s Degree / Diploma (Mathematics, Computer science, Information Technology, Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Philosophy, Life Sciences). We look for specific competencies during our application process from adaptability to communication and client focus.
- Experience in developing code.
- Base knowledge of Java Enterprise Edition, Python, Eclipse and Cloud platforms.
- Passion for leveraging technology to create enterprise wide solutions.
- Good interpersonal skills, high flexibility, autonomy and problem solving skills.
- Fluent English.