Agile Business Analysis / COO IT
Part of the OSS COO Central team manage the financials for the OSS GBGF. Responsible for maintaining and analyzing the ledger accounts and developing financial statements and reports.
Financial Control - Review and monitoring of all ledger transactions, posting accruals, prepayments and identification of inaccurate transactions. Provision of accurate monthly data to business managers to enable forecasting and decision making.
Finance Operations - Coordinating with Finance team across locations like UK, US, China, HK, LATAM and India to ensure timely submission of accruals and recoveries. Work with Service line Business Managers to ensure accruals, prepayments, FAR reclassification all correct.
Adhoc Support - Support the Business Managers and wider COO team in delivering ad hoc requirements and special projects.
What You Will Do
- Manage OSS spend hitting the ledger globally. Review the line by line transactions against the Cost Tracker and items approved via Cost board from WD-5 till ledger close.
- Monitor and reconcile ledger against expected spend for the month.
- Identify items that have not been approved via cost board as retrospectives and escalate to the Business manager.
- Review of the Fixed asset register for completeness and accuracy, ensuring items are added to the FAR as appropriate.
- Responsible for escalating and resolving any unexpected expenses and challenging transaction values that do not reconcile back to SOW/Agreed billing.
- Prepare monthly forecasts by country and standard monthly reports to the Business Managers to enable decision making and forecasting.
- Overall Responsibility for ensuring all items that remain in the OSS ledger are legitimate, are in line with Cost Board approved items and financially correct.
- Provide guidance and support to ensure Coding and inputting of invoices are completed correctly.
- Ensure that the correct VAT rate is applied to each transaction.
- Ensure all transactions have the correct authorization level and escalate any breaches in process and approval level.
- Maintain accurate Business Framework, cost centre structure, cost centre owners, cost centre names for the whole of OSS. Ensure all changes are processed in a timely fashion globally.
- Reconcile statements and POs against invoices received.
- Raise accruals, prepayment items based on transactions hitting the ledger. Maintain a rolling view of all accruals posted in year and from year end. Matching off payments against accruals as invoices are received.
- Accurately updating the ledger including reviewing the recommended accruals for cat G and assisting/reviewing the proposed accruals for Cat Bs and R as provided by central finance.
- Review bonus accrual posted by Finance on a monthly basis and flag any concerns to business Managers.
- Work closely with Finance teams to ensure all accruals, prepayments are submitted on a timely basis.
Customers / Stakeholders:
- Build and ensure strong relationships with key stakeholders and team members, adopting a joined up approach, to execute change at pace with minimum conflict.
- Analyse stakeholder goals and effectively manage their expectations, addressing any misalignment.
- Maintain contact with customers, suppliers etc. to identify and communicate status, progress, risks and issues.
- Contribute to the development of a high calibre and high performing team, ensuring excellent engagement and motivation levels.
- OSS Operates in a matrix structure with resources aligned to verticals and horizontal delivery based view. Work collaboratively across all verticals providing support as required.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Any Graduate.