Financial Services Technology - FST Internship - Cape Town
BDO has a vacancy for an Intern in the Financial Services business unit in the Cape Town office in the mid-year vacation. The Trainee will job shadow and assist in the completion of current IT Audit and Advisory engagements.
What You Will Do
The role will expose the trainee to the following:
- General Information Technology Controls Reviews.
- Application / Automated Control Reviews (including noticeable knowledge of Revenue, Expenditure, Inventory and Payroll).
- Analyse information systems data to assess the accuracy, completeness and timeliness of transaction processing.
- Ability to develop an adequate understanding of client’s businesses and identifying risks and controls.
- Provide technical support to Engagement auditors where computer assisted audit techniques (CAATS) are required.
- Data analytics testing through the use of analytics software (e.g. IDEA, ACL, Qlikview, PowerBI, SQL, etc.).
- Obtain a reasonable understanding of IT risk management, IT governance concepts, best practice frameworks.
- Exposure to cyber security concepts and maturity assessments.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently studying towards an Honours degree in Computer Science or Information Systems Degree / Informatics or Equivalent.
- Strong client orientation.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and handle stress.
- Task driven & delivery focused.
- Ability to work with all levels within an organization.
- Socially aware and able to work as part of a diverse team.